We offer patients with movement disorders individual and specialized treatment on our wards with a focus on movement disorders, from the initial diagnosis to treatment in the advanced stages of the disease.
We treat the following diseases, among others:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Atypical parkinsonian syndromes (multiple system atrophy, PSP, CBD, DLB)
- Tremor Disorders
- Rare movement disorders (metabolic and genetic movement disorders)
We offer our patients the following services:
- Diagnosis and differential diagnosis of movement disorders, specializing in rare diseases in movement disorders
- High-quality additional diagnostics (including MRI, PET, SPECT, CSF diagnostics, skin biopsy, tremor and movement analysis, ultrasound, neuropsychology, genetic diagnostics, sleep laboratory)
- Therapy escalation in M. Parkinson with indication for deep brain stimulation (Campus, Charité Mitte), Duodopa pump and apomorphine pump therapy
- Aftercare and fine-tuning of deep brain stimulation (Campus Charité Mitte) and pump systems
- Fine adjustment of the medication/Parkinson complex treatment
- Outpatient botulinum toxin therapy for dystonia and spasticity
- High observation and treatment intensity
- A specialized, experienced and humanely competent team
- Regular lectures and training courses, also for patients
- Good networking with resident and clinical practitioners and therapists in the surrounding area
- Participation in multi-centre studies in the fields of pharmacotherapy and deep brain stimulation
Inpatient admission can be arranged by resident neurologists with the help of our patient form.
There is a separate patient form that can be used to refer patients to the movement disorders consultation.